Our Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions contain important information about your rights and obligations when using the City Lamps website.
The City Lamps website is owned and operated by AP Lamp Distributors (UK) Limited ('we'/'us'/'our'), a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number: 2855611 having our registered office at 8 Hanbury Road Widford Industrial Estate Chelmsford Essex CM1 3AE. Our VAT Number is: GB 630568248
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our Website.
This website is controlled and operated in the United Kingdom. AP lamp Distributers ltd reserve the right to change the domain address of this website and any services, products, product prices, product specifications and availability at any time.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions in these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Creating an online account
Customers wanting to purchase goods online via the website must first register/ create an online account; choosing a username and password in the process. Customers are responsible for all actions taken under their chosen username and password.
By registering on the Website you undertake:
- That the details you provide when creating your City Lamps account are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the information provided on registration
- You are over 18 years of age, or if under 18 you have your employers permission to register with the website in conjunction with and under their supervision
- To only use the City Lamps website using your own username and password
- To make every effort to keep your password safe and not to disclose your password to anyone. You will change your password immediately upon discovering that it has been compromised
- To neither transfer or sell your username or password to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone other than you to use them
You authorise us to transmit your name, address and other personal information supplied by you (included updated information) to obtain information from third parties about you, including, but not limited to, credit reports and so that we may authenticate your identity.
Eligibility to purchase goods from the city lamps website
To be eligible to purchase the Goods on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts with us, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be legally capable of entering into a binding contract
- At the time of ordering, be employed within the building (construction, facilities management) or electrical trade (electrical wholesalers, independent electrical distributers, lighting manufacturers, etc.).
- Provide full details of a delivery address in the United Kingdom
- If you are under 18, you may only use the Website in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, you must not use our Website.
Ordering from City Lamps
Orders can only be made via the City Lamps website e-commerce facility. City lamps reserves the right to decline orders or to require additional information at our discretion. We will acknowledge receipt of your order automatically by e-mail. From that time, a contract of sale exists between City Lamps/ AP Lamp Distributers.
Payment for ordered goods is accepted by most major credit cards (corporate or personal) and PayPal as detailed on our web site at time of order. All online credit card payments made through City Lamps are handled via a secure payment gateway and no credit card details are processed or stored at any time on the City Lamps website.
Whether or not delivery has been made, ownership of ordered goods does not pass to the customer until full payment is received.
City Lamps do not currently set a minimum order volume or value. This policy may change at our discretion.
City Lamps endeavour to ensure that all published prices are correct at the time of sale. However, we reserve the right to change prices without notice and not to accept orders at prices that have been listed online in error. Prices are quoted in pounds sterling and are inclusive of VAT and standard delivery costs.
Refunds & returns
If we acknowledge an online order but, for some reason outside our control, we are unable to complete the transaction or organize delivery for the next working day, then any payment made will be refunded immediately at your written request. Refunds due against returned goods will be paid as soon as the returned goods are received by us, subject to the goods being received in unused, undamaged condition in their original packaging.
Returns will only be accepted with our prior agreement.
- Most orders received by 9.00am (Monday to Friday) are usually despatched and delivered on the same day, subject to stock availability.
- Orders received after 9.00am will be delivered the next working day.
- Deliveries within the UK mainland incur no additional delivery charges. Deliveries to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland or Ex-UK may incur additional delivery charges: contact us via email (email@example.com) or phone (01245 357772) within office hours for a quotation.
- Depending on the location of the delivery, goods are delivered by our own company vans or via UPS couriers.
- Upon despatch from our warehouse, the location of ordered goods can be tracked: via GPS technology in our company vans, or through UPS online tracking. Customers should contact AP Lamp distributers directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (01245 357772) within office hours.
- Although we make every effort to arrange same-day or next-day delivery (see above), we cannot guarantee this level of service as courier failure/errors and ‘acts of god’ may still occur. Therefore, we accept no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of delayed delivery.
- If delivery is delayed excessively, we will aim to inform you as soon as possible and will give you the option of purchasing alternative items or receiving a full refund of any payments made. Any orders unable to be fulfilled within 28 days are eligible for a full refund.
- Orders weighing in excess of 1.5 kg and any valuable deliveries will require a signature on delivery. Where deliveries requiring a signature cannot be completed due to the absence of a signatory, a card will be left asking you to contact us / UPS directly to arrange re-delivery. If no contact is made within 2 working days, the order will be returned to us and a re-delivery charge will be levied to cover our re-delivery costs.
Sales promotions & online coupons
From time to time, we may offer sales promotions/ online coupon codes; giving customers discounted prices when they redeem coupons codes at the time of ordering. All promotions and associated codes and coupons are distributed in good faith and are subject to terms and conditions. Discount coupons cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or special discounts. We reserve the right to refuse the use of any or all promotions, discounts and coupons for orders placed online.
Risk, liability & indemnity
Any risk coming from goods passes to the customer on delivery.
Notwithstanding any other provision in these terms and conditions, nothing will affect or limit your statutory rights; or will exclude or limit our liability for:
- Death or personal injury resulting from our negligence
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Action pursuant to section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- Any matter for which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability
In addition, we will not be liable, in contract or tort (including, without limitation, negligence), or in respect of pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise for the below mentioned losses which you have suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with the provision of any matter in these terms and conditions even if such losses are forseeable or result from a deliberate breach by us or as a result of any action we have taken in response to your breach:
- Economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings)
- Loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- Special or indirect losses; or
- Any loss of data
- Wasted management or working time
- Any other loss or damage of any kind
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, including but not limited to losses (including loss of profit, revenue, goodwill or reputation), costs and expenses, including reasonable administrative and legal costs, arising out of any breach of these terms and conditions by you, or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website or any other person accessing the Website using your personal information with your authority.
This clause does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Users of our website agree to indemnify the company against any claims, direct, indirect or consequential damage, loss or expense that may be caused as a direct or indirect result of the use of the site and any information or computer software contained therein. Although we make every effort to ensure that this website does not contain or enable any computer viruses, we cannot guarantee this.
Product descriptions & specifications
City Lamps endeavour to publish as much product and application data as possible on our website. However, we are unable to assess the viability of every possible application of each product listed. Therefore it is the customer’s duty to ensure that the goods ordered are suitable for the intended application. We are not be under any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential damage, loss or expense that may be caused as a result of any error or omission in any information either published on the website. Note: lamps designed for operation on UK mains supply are generally shown here as being rated at 240V. Both 230V and 240V versions may be supplied according to availability. Please note that exact colours and finishes are difficult to reproduce accurately on websites and are subject to variation at the manufacturer’s discretion. Customers should not place undue reliance upon such online images.
Your privacy & data protection
We ensure all transactions comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act (1998) and the European Union Data Protection Framework Directives. We only store necessary data for accounting, marketing, sales, public relations and record keeping purposes. We use “cookies” which are stored on your web browser in order to provide some of the personalised features of our web site: This information may also be used by us to collect information about the usage of our web site. If you do not wish to be identified in this way, you can prevent this by making appropriate settings in your web browser. This may remove some of the functionality associated with our web site. AP Lamp Distributors do not sell, loan or rent data to any other party.
Making a complaint
Any complaints should be addressed in writing to AP Lamp Distributers ltd (address above).
All disputes arising out of, or in connection with, any contract between AP lamp Distributers / City lamps and our customers are governed by English Law and customers accept the jurisdiction of the English courts.